Monday, July 13, 2009

Three month update!

Wow, it's been three months since I last wrote anything. So much has happened in the last three months I don't even know where to begin.

I decided at the end of May that I wanted to start seeing a personal trainer. I was having some success losing weight by just watching what I ate, but I knew that just that alone wasn't going to produce the results that I wanted. I wanted more. Going from being a rather sedentary couch potato to working out with a personal trainer is like being ripped out of the comfort of your living room and being dropped into the middle of a war zone. I was completely out of my comfort zone. Which was exactly where I wanted to be actually. I had no idea it was going to be so hard. Or what I was getting myself into.

Right from the start I was asked to record everything I ate in a log. This, believe it or not, is very difficult. Every calorie consumed and all the nutritional value for that calorie needed to be accounted for. How much fat, protein, carbs. etc etc. I needed to be able to see what I was eating, in what amounts so that changes could be made easily. After the initial consultation with Mark, I came in for my first workout and handed him what I thought was a fairly decent diet log. It became clear to me that his idea of nutrition was far from what I thought it was. He canceled the workout for that night and decided that we needed a classroom session instead. Uh oh....CLASS? What could I possibly need a class for? Hasn't he read this blog? I knew it all already, what could I possibly learn from a class session???

1 comment:

seashore subjects said...

Apparently you needed to learn that you weren't eating enough!